Monday, September 7, 2015

SEPTEMBER 7 - 2ND DAY IN LIMA

Hi.  A very quiet day today.  We ended up doing nothing exciting.  After breakfast I spent a couple of hours cleaning and tuning the bikes.  Then we went downtown shopping.

I also developed a pain in one of my upper molars.  Great, eh?  I went to a pharmacy armed with the Spanish phrase "I have a toothache."  I was expecting to be shown some possible medications (I think one is called Ambesol).   Instead, I was charged S/ 1.50 (one Sole, 50 centavos, about 75 cents) and given a 500 mg Naproxen pill on the spot. 

Back to the hotel to talk to some of the good Spanish speakers to see if we could visit a nearby dental clinic.  I speak to Shirley Frye, who is talking to one of the new riders just joining us.  Her name is Marina, she is from Montreal and is a dentist.  Her comment, after a very short discussion - a week of antibiotics will probably allow me to continue until we get back to Canada.

Shirley and I do drop by the dental clinic.  Even though his sign says Lunis a Viernes (Monday to Friday) he is a Tuesday to Friday dentist.  Oh, well.

Plan B - I speak to Jody the nurse.  Antibiotics are easy to get down here - they have 3 different kinds in the tour medical supplies.  I can access them and replace them.  BTW, the Naproxen has helped - I may have just bothered the tooth (it has given me problems before).

Like, I said, a quiet day.  No photos.  We are back on the road tomorrow for a convoy out of Lima and 58 km ride to Pucusama.

Another reason for us being sluggish today; we went through a bottle wine and a couple of Pisco Sours last night.  Hmm...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment